Saturday, July 28, 2012

Kindle at the Beach ><> ><> WONDERFUL

A week long trip to Alligator Point, Florida, a Kindle loaded with 5 books that were checked out from Camellia Net an Alabama online library that our public library is a member.

Neighbor on the beach taught me a trick. Put your kindle in a ziplock bag. No sand, no moisture.
Asked her, "What's on your Kindle?" Answer, "Oh, just one of those free mindless beach reads."

I read an assortment

Wrapped in Rain: A Novel of Coming Home by Charles Martin

My Reading Life by Pat Conroy

A Month of Summer (Blue Sky Hills) by Lisa Wingate

The Summer Kitchen (Blue Sky Hill Series) by Lisa Wingate

Experienced Alzheimers, a stroke, two runaway children, a battered girlfriend, an abandoned toddler, a mentally ill brother, child abuse, a paralyzed Judge, more alzheimers, several dysfunctional families, family ties that can't be broken, Clark's Fish Camp in Jacksonville, writing in Paris, economic ruin and more and more and more.

2 comments:

Ruth Anne in FL said...

Hi again,

Thought of you earlier today when I was asked if I would monitor/shepherd a group through Classroom Learning 2.0. It really needs to be up-dated but I think I can suggest enough newer stuff to make it worthwhile.

Many days I'm very glad I'm near the end of my career and not the beginning. (I have at most 3 more years.) But then they introduce new teachers and I see fresh, young, enthusiastic faces and I think.. OK, there's hope for public education after all!

Hmmm, maybe I should ask JJ to send you my email address.

Ruth Anne in Winter Park

booklady said...

Ruth Anne, I had something I wanted to tell you a couple of months ago and couldn't figure out how to get to you. If you will send me your school name I can get your email that way.