Thursday, October 11, 2012

J. K. Rowling for Adults




I am about 3/4 of the way through with the new J. K. Rowling book  Casual Vacancy.  I feel the same way as Emily Layden of the Huffington Post:

"I was not a third of the way through The Casual Vacancy before I began to feel resigned: I would finish because I owed it to J.K. Rowling to do so."

Reviews are all over the internet. Just search and take your pick.

However, I did like this quote from the book in light of the upcoming US election:

                                     Lunacy
                                                                          5.11   At common law, idiots are subject to a permanent legal incapacity to vote, but persons of unsound mind may vote during lucid intervals>
                                                                         Charles Arnold-Baker
                                                                       Local Council Administration,
                                                                    Seventh Edition                                                                          




No comments: