Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Book of Quotes

In 1991 I received a journal. I began that year writing down quotes from books that I read. Last year 2011, twenty years later I completed that first journal and began the second. Thought I might share these words on the blog. Maybe a quote every few days.



The journal ends with these my words: "This book contains sentences, paragraphs, and phrases that over the last 20 years I collected as I read. Words that spoke to me because of their beauty or their truth.

I am not the same person as I was at the beginning of this volume. Outward appearance and experiences both have changed me--but the words speak to the core of who I am and where I am and perhaps where I am going." June 26, 2011


First Entry

"The Lord God, to tell you the absolute truth, is a comedian."
from Patience of a Saint
by Andrew Greeley

No comments: